Sunday, March 14, 2010

This week we will be 1/3 of the way through the Challenge--half way on the 28th. I have really enjoyed it, and it has made me very aware of how important exercise and careful food plans are to my health. I really feel better than I have for a long time. I feel very lucky to have my clothes fitting so much better--all because I got chosen for this Challenge.

I read that fitness is 80 percent diet and 20 percent exercise. The article said it is absolutely imperative that we control what we put into our bodies if we want the best body we can have. I have noticed Julianne eating raw veggies, not junk food, in the gym--well, I cannot imagine anyone being more fit or energetic than Julianne. I'm taking a cue from her.

So I am beginning this part of the journey with renewed resolution to be the fittest person I can be come my 70th birthday in June. Good luck, everybody. Thanks for your encouragement and help. Thanks for your smiling, sweaty faces that encourage me in the gym.

1 comment:

  1. Mary!!
    you are so sweet & positive, it is a JOY to see you at the gym, I just love you!!
    Okay, so today in science we were talking about algae & found out that it was in ice cream (which like your hubby is one of my favorite late night, okay anytime, snacks) after reading that I decided that maybe I could cut that out of my diet!! ha ha
    I gave in this weekend, it was my little guys birthday, I ate a cupcake & a small scoop of ice cream (pre-science class), it tasted heavenly & I was satisfied!!!
    I can't wait to see what you end up doing with this program, it is fun to see the change in others...

    ReplyDelete