Friday, March 12, 2010

Struggles

Well, I now have more empathy for folks with health problems to deal with. My knees have started acting up. I am not sure what triggers it, but if anybody knows what makes knees hurt when you go down stairs I would like to know.

I had a struggle today with some apple strudel. Mindy said we are better off eating something if it is about to drive us crazy. Well, it was. I was trying to help Bonnie man her Rhino Rock fence booth at the South Town Lawn and Garden show, but I wasn't much use in the booth. So I left the booth and found that crazy apple strudel and it bothered me until I bought it and ate every morsel. It was delicious! But Mindy was right. I got over the craving, but I'll probably regret it when I step on the scales.

I hope everybody has a great week-end and can stay focused on our challenge. I am sure trying, but sometimes I just fall off the bandwagon. So good luck everybody.

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I think you are doing great. I am really proud of all of your hard work. I empathize with the knee busness. At home I have no choice but to go up AND down the stairs but when I am any place where there is an elevator I walk up the stairs and go down in the elevator. A doctor a long time ago told me to do that. When we go down the stairs our weight is pounding on the knees. Last night I went to sleep with ice on one of my knees. :-)
    I'll bet you really did enjoy that strudel. That sounds yummy. The last two days I've had a sugar attack. Hopefully, it's over today and I can get back on track. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, where are you. I'm missing your posts.

    ReplyDelete