Friday, March 19, 2010

Good class this morning

I enjoyed Mindy's class this morning. We got to hear practical ways people are dealing with the guide lines and information we have been given. It was extremely helpful to hear how some of us are coping with children who are picky eaters, husbands addicted to all the wrong foods, etc....people who could not possibly care less about calories, proteins, fats, and carbohydrate counting. The recipes will undoubtedly be a real help as we sometimes feel like this is an impossible struggle on the home front.

As far as coping mechanisms go, I have found that if--after eating my final meal for the day--I do very careful flossing, then brush my teeth, then carefully rinse my teeth and gums with a water pick, I have no desire to contaminate my mouth with food again before bed. The procedure is just too involved to repeat again at bed time.

My worst food weakness is after 5:00 pm when my husband is home and ready for dinner and ice cream with fudge sauce. But it is easier to resist if I think about the brushing my teeth again routine. So Good luck everybody !

1 comment:

  1. Have a GREAT week, Mary. You are doing so great and I admire you for your hard work and positive attitude. Thanks for sharing your great ideas and thanks for working so hard at the gym. You are inspirational! I haven't heard you complain once. I like to whine because it helps me get through it. :-)

    ReplyDelete