Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Exercise, an ever changing adventure

We had a hard workout with Shan'tel last night. We are going later now--finished at 9:20 pm. Then I couldn't sleep--stared at the ceiling until after 1:00 in the morning. It's interesting that when I swim I don't get the same effect. But with any exercise other than swimming it kills my sleep if I do it within an hour of bedtime. I have read that I am not alone in having this problem. I hope it goes away.

I am certainly enjoying finally fitting into some more of my clothes, but my abs are a huge problem. It seems I gain first in my tummy and lose last in my tummy...but I am thankful that I don't have a worse health problem so I shouldn't complain.

I am coming a bit closer to doing a push up, but I would be a lot better if I could lose more weight. But walking that ball with my hands is the worse torture I could imagine for the gym until Shan'tel had me do those leg lifts where the weight is on top of your ankles. WOW does that hurt. Our routine for the weights is changing, getting more interesting, and a lot harder. Sometimes I am not sure my body will cooperate, but it finally does make an effort--imperfect as it is.

Good luck to all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary!

    So let's see if this works. Check out this website. It's where I get all of my crazy recipes:

    http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/warm-and-nutty-cinnamon-quinoa-recipe.html

    the kale one is on there. hopefully you get this post!

    -Julianne

    p.s. lookin good lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it worked! check out my new favorite recipe:


    Quinoa chili
    1 large onion chopped
    4 cloves garlic minced
    4 tspn. Oil
    2 cans chicken broth (builion cubes)=3.5 cups
    2 cups water
    1 10 oz. can chopped tomatoes
    4 tspn. Cumin
    2 tspn. Chili powder
    1 tspn. Coriander
    1 cup quinoa
    4 plumb tomatoes, chopped
    Dash of salt

    Cook onion, garlic and oil until tender. Stir in broth, water, tomatoes, spices, and quinoa. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Feeds 4.

    ReplyDelete