Saturday, April 3, 2010

nutritional scales

Tonight I have been checking the Internet to learn about nutritional scales so I can quit guessing how big my servings are. There are several nutritional scales that weigh the item and give you the total of the nutrients in it as well as the calories. I had never heard of such a thing until a lady mentioned it to me at Williams and Sonoma.

These scales were commented on by several people on the Internet who are diabetic and they said they really make a difference for weight control as well as figuring out insulin requirements. It seems rather imprecise to try to count carbohydrates, etc. when I don't know how big around that 5" long sweet potato really is. So I would like to weigh it and get all the nutritional information at the same time.

Anyway, if anybody reads this and knows anything about nutritional scales, I am in the mood to learn all I can. As I approach my 70th birthday this year, I am trying to be as healthy as I can be.

Thanks and good luck everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment