Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Normal blood pressure

My blood pressure is now normal--that is even better than whatever pounds I have lost. I have worked hard, but without this program I would never have accomplished this feat. I am so thankful. When Riley checked my blood pressure machine (I was sure it was broken) and determined that it was correct, I could have danced a jig right then.

I know blood pressure may not seem like a big deal to some people, but to me it is a big deal--everyone in my family has fought high blood pressure. I am the only one of my brothers and sisters not on medication for it, but Traci said I probably should have been.

I have no idea what my cholesterol is doing, but just to get the blood pressure in the normal range is way more than I had expected. I think I know how Marlene must have felt when the nurse told her that her pressure was normal. I hope everybody is finding their own successes/prizes as we travel this last stretch together.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations about the blood pressure. That's the magic of exercise. We'll all just have to keep this up. Thanks for you positive comments to me. They are greatly appreciated.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary...
    YAY you!! You are doing great & it has been fun to rub shoulders with you!! Good job, keep up the work.....

    ReplyDelete