Thursday, February 18, 2010

Temptation overcome

Well, today was one of those challenge days, but I made it through so I feel pretty good about myself. I went with Bonnie and another daughter to a restaurant with lots of temptation of the worst kind for me--luscious baked things. But I was satisfied with a bowl of fruit while the carrot cake was screaming my name. Bonnie had the same problem, but she was also very good. And on top of that, I got in my hour of aerobic exercise. One day at a time it goes, and in 94 more we will reap the reward of our efforts--good or otherwise. But I will sleep well tonight.

Whatever I do, I am determined not to squander this opportunity to get in shape. I am really looking forward to the dietitian class in the morning. I have a lot to learn.

1 comment:

  1. You and Bonnie did great that day. Eating out and having dessert is such a temptation but you conquered it. I think that if we make these good choices long enough they will become a habit.

    ReplyDelete