Thursday, February 25, 2010

better day

Today was really good. I finally read the food directions and put them to use. In other words, I divided my plate into four sections like the flier says, filled two of them with veggies, one with starch, and one with protein. I also changed plate sizes--eight inches rather than 12 inches. It worked really well and I didn't get the munchies like normal. I am surprised how well it worked. I thought I was doing really well on the food--at least the best I knew how. But this new idea really did make a difference. It also helped me mentally because I knew I was well fed and not deprived so I had no reason for comfort food. But that's a lot of veggies--half the meal! The program is sinking into this brain slowly.

I think my problem has been too many starch foods. Bread, potatoes, etc.. I love, love fruit, too. And though it is good, I think I was overdoing it. Tomorrow we get our diets. I am glad because I really want to do this thing correctly.

I love meeting the participants at the gym. It is so great seeing so many trying so hard. Good for you'all. You are such a inspiration to me. Thank you for trying so hard. Brittany Snow made the time fly for me on the bicycle. And who can imagine what Matthew Bowden has accomplished loosing all that weight. I feel so lucky to get to know the folks in this program. Thank you !!

No comments:

Post a Comment