Sunday, February 14, 2010

3rd day, so far so good

I am determined to stick with this program no matter what. Well, yesterday I did well.I spent the day at my sons' Kirkham Motorsports open house. I helped out in the kitchen along side Magleby's German chocolate cake, BYU funeral potatoes, and BYU barbecue beef, all calling my name ever so loudly. But there were also lots of veggies. I ate the veggies and let the rest go except for a pinch of the cake, a tsp of the barbecue beef, and a tablespoon of the potatoes. I just had to find out the taste and that was enough. Amazingly, I managed to handle it, but it was only the heart challenge that made that possible. I keep this 100 days foremost in my mind at all times.

I notice that I am stopping myself from munching in the kitchen. I can see that I was munching unaware of what I was doing--a cracker here, banana sandwich there, (I'm from the South) and lots of ice cream. Well, now I am making myself grab a carrot or some veggie and it is not so enticing to graze in the kitchen as it was. Thank goodness. Only 98 days left to change the way I think about food. Right now I am forcing myself to do the best I know how. I am anxious to get with the trainer and dietitian. But I am writing every morsel I eat down in a notebook.

I also did about an hour today of exercising to music in my house. I did some resistance pulling on bands with my arms while I ran around the house. The resistance training only lasted about 20 minutes, but at least I did it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Mary. What a great day you had! That's inspiring to me. It's really hard to stay away from Magleby's chocolate cake. That is one thing that has helped me gain weight since I moved to Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go!! What a wonderful way to start off the 100 days! You are going to leave all of us younger ones in your dust :) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete