Friday, February 26, 2010

food help

Today was a good day. We got our food/meal assignments this morning with the exchange lists, calories we are to eat. A lot of emphasis was put on the food categories showing us how to figure exchanges. The literature we have received is most helpful, since there is plenty for me to learn about food, but I feel I am finally onto a food plan that I can stay on for the long haul. Dividing the plate into four quadrants was especially helpful.

I really enjoy the workouts with our trainer, Shan'tel. I feel myself getting stronger and that is a great feeling. I really look forward to the walks with my daughter, Lori,(Bonnie has to get kids to school when Lori can walk) and meeting Bonnie and Shan'tel for training.

I wish that everybody who would like to do this program would be able to. I wish something like this would somehow get in the health plan they are discussing in Washington. I think it would be a real money saver as well as a life and health saver.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. This is a great program for everyone. We are all so lucky to get to participate. You're right about it being a great program for our country to adopt. Maybe insurance companies could help support it. :-)

    ReplyDelete