Thursday, May 20, 2010

Final training session

We had our last training session with Shan'tel tonight. I am really going to miss those learning/training/working sessions with her. But here's hoping that I can remember and build on what I have learned. I think one important thing I have learned is to just take whatever minutes I can find and MOVE. Like someone said, "It's all good."

The weight training has been a new chapter in my life. I have never really understood how to go about it, and never understood the importance. But Shan'tel has been wonderful to help us understand what to do and why. She has exposed us to varied routines that can give a good workout whether we're home or in a gym. So no excuses.

And above all--I plan to stay aware of what goes into my stomach. Writing down everything I eat has been a real eye-opener. It is so easy to eat the wrong thing, too much of a good thing, not count the samples I eat at Costco, or graze on the food I am preparing for the family. Like the exercise--it all counts, my body will record it whether my journal does or not.

Anyway, I am most grateful for this wonderful experience we have all had. I feel so lucky to have been a part of this group. Next stop: Race for Red !!

No comments:

Post a Comment